New Dosimeter Request (X-Ray)
All workers using radiation-producing machines must have the appropriate radiation safety training before starting work. For information about training please go to the EHS Training Courses Pages.
Personal dosimeters are worn only while working at Michigan State University and shall not be taken off campus or worn at other institutions. If you are assigned a dosimeter, wear only your own and do not loan, borrow or share dosimeters with other workers. Dosimeters are for monitoring any occupational dose received at MSU and do not provide any shielding or protection from radiation exposure.
Dosimetry for workers using x-ray producing machines
- Body and extremity (ring) badges required
Proper use of dosimeters
- Store away from radiation sources
- Do not take them home
- Wear only while working for Michigan State University
- Wear body badges between the collar and waist
- Wear ring badges on dominant hand and inside gloves facing up